Website Terms & Conditions (In Short)
Orders will be placed into production upon receipt of deposit between 1 to 12 hours from time of deposit during normal business hours (mon-fri 10am - 8pm). Customers are provided (1) revision from the original design after being provided first proof (in the case the first design is not approved, or agreed to). At the time of revision request, the customer must provide the designer a visual sample, or detailed comparison of a preferred design style.
Balance due upon completion of website design and before transfer of website to any personal account. Balance is also do within 22-48 hours upon the completion of the project and all requested items from the beginning stages of the project. Any additional request made after the completion of initial request constitute a "new" request and do not warrant a halt in payment after the completion of the initial request A Gruvy Graphics representative will provide a tutorial to the client on how to edit and ad information to their website.
There is a 20% interest for all late payments paid 48 hours after completion of website design regardless of any additional information needed by the client withstanding special conditions, or agreements. Final payments cannot be held due to non-compliance of the client/customer. Completion of website does not include written text that is left to be edited, nor any additional works needed to be performed after the transfer of the website to the clients account (including google seo, form creation, or services which can only be completed from the clients personal account following transfer), nor any minor changes that can be made by the client themselves once the overall layout is complete and a website tutorial has been completed.
Website Terms & Conditions (Complete)
1. Authorization. The above-named client is employing Gruvy Graphics, an independent business located in Tampa, Florida for the specific project(s) of Web Site Design. By signing this document, Your Company and Gruvy Graphics, agree as to the legitimacy of this contract.
***If Purchasing Update Service , disregard items 2-3.***
2. Maintenance and Hourly Rate. This agreement includes minor webpage maintenance for the first 3-5 days after the website is completed, including updating links and making minor changes to text. It does not include drastic maintenance such as adding pages, change of design, or making additions to the site.
Changes requested by the client beyond those limits will be billed at the hourly rate of $25, with a one hour minimum per update. If you believe that your website will need to be updated frequently, please contact us for pricing of maintenance packages and routine update rates.
This rate shall also govern additional work authorized beyond the maximums specified above for services such as general internet orientation education, editing, modifying product pages and databases and up to a :20 minute tutorial to help the “client” learn how to use their own website editor.
3. Changes to Submitted Text. Please send us your finalized text. Time required to make substantial changes to client-submitted text after the web page has been constructed will be considered additional time and invoiced as an additional “copywriting” fee at the hourly rate of $50.00.
For any text “originated” by Gruvy graphics concerning the marketing, or promotional phrases, slogans, catch phrases, headlines, or body text originated with the website by Gruvy Graphics, a hourly fee of $100.00 will be applied for “copywriting” according to the time spent on copywriting.
4. Web Site Hosting. Gruvy Graphics may provide web hosting services, or can aid you in finding a
host that suits your needs. Gruvy Graphics currently is a partner of “Wix.com” where we build and host the majority of our websites. If the “Client” is already hosting with a particular host, the website must be built in that hosts template, or custom, using a dreamweaver platform, which could take considerably longer to build.
“Client” must provide Gruvy Graphics with FTP information so that data can be transferred to the “Clients” host. FTP information can be acquired by calling your particular host provider. Gruvy Graphics Provides Serveral hosting packages through our Hosting affiliate wix.com at a discounted rate depending upon your specific needs.
5. Completion Date. Gruvy Graphics and the client must work together to complete the project specified above in a timely manner. We agree to work expeditiously to complete the project.
The client is responsible for supplying Gruvy Graphics with complete text and the necessary items and graphics that are not developed by Gruvy Graphics for the web pages at the time that the order is placed, or within 48 hours from the time that the order is place. Failure to do so, will result in “delay penalty fees” later covered in this agreement.
The client has 7 days from the start of the project to supply ALL information necessary to complete the website. If 7 days has elapsed, and Gruvy Graphics has still not received the information necessary to complete the project, then the client will be notified by e-mailed and/or text and re-notified of the terms and conditions.
If the client does not provide all of the necessary information within 14 days from the time the the order is placed, a “delayed penalty fee” of 20% will be added to the balance of the invoice for the clients delay in keeping the project from being completed.
After 14 days of inactivity from the client, Gruvy Graphics Will issue (1) 48 hour notice of cancellation of the project and the “Client” is in breach of contract and shall lose right to the full deposited amount, for work already performed on the website, whether complete, or incomplete. The client may “at the time of cancellation inquire about having their incomplete website transferred over to them to hold onto until a later date.”
Once completed, or uncompleted website projects have been cancelled; or closed, another 50% deposit, or remaining balance from the previous job (which ever situation warrants) will be required to place the job back into production for completion.
6. Limitation of Liability. Gruvy Graphics will never disclose clients information to any other party. Only the designer will know any of the clients information. Once the project is complete, clients are suggested to change their login information. In no event shall Gruvy Graphics be liable to the client or any third party for any damages, including any lost passwords, account information provided to the client, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages
due to the clients personal circumstances, deactivation of hosting account due to non-payment at renewal period, and, or hacker activity. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
7. Copyright & Ownership of Website & Domain. Copyright, ownership, and all rights of web pages, graphics, print templates, and text contained in the nished assembled website produced by Gruvy Graphics belongs solely and exclusively to the client. The client will possess his/her own website account, unless otherwise specified by the client for Gruvy Graphics to host and control the clients website for routine maintenance and update purposes. Rights to photos, graphics, source code, work-up les, and computer programs are specifically transferred to the client, and remain the property of their respective owners. Any licensed software not developed by Gruvy Graphics (such as CGI, Pearl, PHP scripts) may be owned by another software company that has granted Gruvy Graphics the right to initiate it into the client’s website, and does not grant the client ownership of the script.
Gruvy Graphics and its subcontractors retain the right to display graphics and other Web design elements as examples of their work in their respective portfolios, unless otherwise specified by the client. The client retains ownership of the domain name(s) bought through Gruvy Graphics after the invoice is paid in full. The client reserves the right to purchase their own domain name and hosting package. Gruvy Graphics reserves the right to withhold property such as domain names and copyright ownership if the client is in debt to Gruvy Graphics for more than 14 days.
8. Payment of Fees. In order for Gruvy Graphics to keep its rates low, payments must be made
promptly. Bills will be deemed delinquent and assessed a10% charge if payment is not received within 48 hours after the completion date (The date at which all original requests have been completed.) If an amount remains delinquent 7 days after its due date, an additional 20% penalty will be added for each 7th day of delinquency.
Websites will not be transferred, or published onto a clients server space until payment is recieved in full. In the even that the clients website undergoes live maintenance, a security deposit will be due to cover the estimated time of the maintenance. A balance of any unused time will be refunded to the client at the completion of the job. If case collection proves necessary, the client agrees to pay all fees incurred by that process.
14. Sole Agreement. The agreement contained in this “Website Design Contract” constitutes the sole agreement between Gruvy Graphics and the client regarding the project outlined above and in the approved proposal. Any additional work not specfied in this contract must be authorized by a written change order.
15. Initial Payment. Payment of the base fee will be made as follows: The total cost of the project will
be made from the client in 2 payments. The first payment of at least 50% to 100% is due immediately, and before the work is placed into production. The second , and final, payment is due immediately upon completion of the project and before any work, or property s transferred to the client. All payments should be made to Gruvy Graphics through our site, by PayPal, Bank Transfer, Credit Card or through Money Transfer in the name of the designer who will be working on your project.
16. Refund Policy. The client may halt work and request for a refund within 3 days of the date of this
contract by mailing a certified letter to the Gruvy Graphics (1310 E. 15th Ave. Tampa, FL 33605) completed beyond the amount covered by the initial payment, the client shall be liable to pay for all work completed at the hourly rate of $25, at which point Gruvy Graphics will provide a detailed account of the hours accumilated on the project thus far. If no work has been completed, the client will receive a full refund from Gruvy Graphics.
17. Miscellaneous. This contract shall be governed by the substantive laws of the State of Florida without regard to conflict of law principles. The contract constitutes the entire understanding and agreement between the parties hereto and their affiiates with respect to its subject matter and supersedes all prior
or contemporaneous agreements, representatives, warranties and understandings of such parties (whether oral or written). No promise, inducement, representation or agreement, other than as expressly set forth herein, has been made to or by the parties hereto. This letter may be amended only by written agreement, signed by the parties to be bound by the amendment. Evidence shall be inadmissible to show agreement by and between such parties to any term or condition contrary to or in addition to the terms and conditions contained in this letter. This letter shall be construed according to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party.
18. Summary. This contract is for the specific project(s) of Web Site Design for (your company). Our
agreed fees for the services we describe above in total is ($250) For your website design upgrade base from the website : ( various websites ) , and with the added features listed below. Any further requests for additions , or enhancements of the site shall be subject to an hourly rate of 25.00 per hour. All payments must be made in American Dollar funds to on of the payment options listed below.